Help people discover Jesus Christ and become His disciples
Where: Japanese Christian Church of Walnut Creek
When: August 6th-10th (M-F)
- In the morning session 9am - 12pm, kids ages 4yrs - 5th grade will explore SonSpark Labs VBS. Learn about science and discover God's formula for life - GP4U=J (God's Plan for You = Jesus)
- In the afternoon session 12pm - 3pm, kids in grades 1st - 5th have the option to stay and explore Japanese culture through crafts, games & food. Child to bring own lunch and afternoon snack
- Age for morning VBS session is 4yrs old (who can be left alone) - 5th
- Age for the optional afternoon session is 1st - 5th grade
- Morning VBS session = $50
- Morning VBS session plus afternoon activities session (1st - 5th) = $100
- Sibling Discount: $10 of 1st sibling, $20 for 2nd and $50 for 3rd sibling
- Pay online HERE
Limited spaces available to first come first serve basis
If you have questions email us at email@example.com
We are a growing church passionately modeling Christ through authentic worship, unconditional love, with sound biblical teaching and relationships. We will demonstrate God’s loving grace by serving all people of our community while embracing our Japanese heritage, equipping them to be disciples of Christ.
We believe in:
A. THE GODHEAD
The Godhead eternally exists in three persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. These three are one God of precisely identical nature, attributes and perfection.
- God, the Father - God, the Father Almighty, creator, preserver, and ruler of the universe, in His essential nature is Spirit, and in His essential attribute is absolutely holy, and in His essential character is love.
- God, the Son, Jesus Christ - Jesus Christ, the eternal Son, was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, thereby having a truly divine nature and a truly human nature in one person, and is the only mediator between God and man. To accomplish salvation, He lived a sinless life, completely fulfilling righteousness and offered Himself a substitutionary sacrifice for the sin of the world, satisfying divine justice. He was crucified under Pontius Pilate, died, and was buried. On the third day, He arose bodily from the dead. He ascended into heaven where in His glorified state He intercedes for believers. He shall come again personally and visibly to judge the world in righteousness and to establish His kingdom.
- God, the Holy Spirit - The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Godhead. His ministry is to reveal Christ through the Word of God, to fulfill salvation in the regeneration and sanctification of the believers, to direct and empower the church in the fulfillment of the Great Commission, and to convict the world of sin of righteousness and of judgment.
B. THE BIBLE
The Bible, both the Old and the New Testaments, the Word of God, is a divinely inspired revelation. It is the supreme and final authority in matters pertaining to faith and practice.
Man was created in the image of God; he disobeyed God, thereby incurring spiritual death which is separation from God. Man is saved from the condition of spiritual death only by the grace of God through faith in Christ and His redemptive act and the ministry of the Holy Spirit. His spiritual growth and maturity is initiated by God's Spirit and by a conscious act of dedication on the part of the believer and is affected by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
D. THE CHURCH
The Church consists of all who have been regenerated through faith in Christ and have been united into one body under Christ, the Head thereof. It is called to worship God, to preach the Gospel, to administer baptism and holy communion by its duly appointed ministers, and to care and nurture the believers.
Jesus Lord of All | Called to Love | Called to Obey
Worship Authentically | Called to Serve